Thursday, May 16, 2013

5.16.13 - Blacks

Paddled out at 5:38 am, solo. Tide was dropping to a 0.8' low at 8:35 am. Conditions were mostly clean, with slight ESE winds. Torrey Pines Outer Buoy was reporting Significant Wave Height of 5.2' from 286° at 8s. I was pleasantly surprised by the conditions today. When walking down the road, I thought it would be pretty junky due to the south winds. When I got down to the beach it was totally glassy, and there were some good sized waves rolling through. I mostly surfed the south end of North Peak. It took me a while to get my first couple of waves, but after that, I caught a decent amount. The swell was favoring the rights today. Waves were 4-6' faces. Water was in the mid 60s range. I was totally comfortable in my short sleeve full suit. Board ridden: 5'11" Xanadu Pig 2.





No comments:

Post a Comment