Thursday, December 20, 2012

12.20.12 - Blacks

Paddled out at 6:25am, solo, but Chris M. joined me around 15 minutes later. Paddled out at north peak. Tide was dropping from a 4.59' high at 3:07am. Conditions were clean, with slight offshore  winds. Torrey Pines Outer Buoy was reporting Significant Wave Height of 4.2' from 282° at 13s. I would call today my first "winter" session at blacks this season. Just paddling out, you could feel the "energy" in the water. At south peak the waves looked good, however a lot of the sets looked closed out. I chose north peak because it looked like there might me more corners available. In the 45 minutes I was out, I only caught 5 waves. Most were just a drop, and the shoulder would flatten out... But what a drop they were! So in general I was happy with my session. Waves were solid head high with bigger sets. Chris and I were calling it 6-8' on the face. Water was around 60°, but the air was really cold. Today was my first session of the season with booties... they didn't suck, and were nice to have for the walk up the road. Board ridden: 5'10" KG Twinzer Fish.





No comments:

Post a Comment